Formation and Research Materials
Technology opens access to an ever increasing number of documents useful in Vincentian Formation and Research no matter where housed.
Search the Virtual Library – publications, the encyclopedia and various digital repositories.
Official Publications – Congregation of the Mission
Official Publications – Provinces
Collaborate · Exchange · Inform
What is the Vincentian Encyclopedia?
It is a collaborative effort to create a Vincentian encyclopedia of articles and other information useful for those who follow Vincent, Louise and their spiritual companions. It serves as a resource for those seeking reliable information on people, topics, and organizations related to the Vincentian family.
The Vincentian Encyclopedia currently includes close to 2,000 documents, articles and graphics on current and historical topics such as
- Saints and Blesseds
Presentations of the Vincentian Charism
VinFormation – general resources for media and presentations
- Range of Resources
- Quick links on VinFormation
- Resources in other languages
- All Things Vincentian (dePaul University)
Podcasts, other audio files such as Aidan Rooney’s interview with Superior General
- International Curia Archives
- Currently not available online. Address request to ….
- Archives of the Maison Mérè (Paris)
- Inventories of many types of documents in the Archives.
- For access contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Polish Archives–
- Many items from the time of Vincent not available elsewhere
- Further information on access to Polish archival resources
- DePaul University
- Vincent dePaul Image Archive – currently oer 12,000 images
- Vincentian Heritage Collections – Life and works of Elizabeth Ann Bayley Seton (1774-1821) Life and works of Louise de Marillac (1591-1660) Life and works of Vincent de Paul (1581-1660) Vincentian eBooks Vincentian Journals and Publications Vincentian Organizations
Other Online Resources:
- CEME – publication house of the confreres of Salamanca produces publications on spirituality, history and charism of the Vincentian Family.
- Somos – Spanish language resource
- Vinformation – primarily English but some excellent resources in 5 other languages.
There are many groups contributing research about the Congregation of the Mission, St. Vincent and the Vincentian Charism.
As their research becomes available online the links below will take you to their collections.
- CIF:The International Formation Center
- SIEV International Secretariat for Vincentian Studies
- Vincentian History Researchers Network
- Learn about Vincentian resources, share current research projects, ask questions about possible archival and bibliographic resources, announce publications or participation in conferences, and seek grant funding.
- CAVI: Vincentian Animation Centre, Peru
- CAVIM: Vincentian Animation and Missionary Centre
- CEVCO: Commission of Vincentian Studies of Columbia
- COVIAM – Formation in Africa and Madagascar
- GRAV – Research and Vincentian Animation Group, France
- GAV: Vincentian Animation Group, Italy
- MEGVIS – Central European Vincentian Studies Group
- Vincentian Studies Week, Salamanca, Spain
Basic documents of the Congregation of the Mission
- Common Rules of the Congregation of the Mission (online) (word doc)
- Constitutions (Word)
- Revised Statutes of the Congregation of the Mission -2014(Word)
- The Vows which are taken in the Congregation of the Mission (Word)
- The Fundamental Statute on Poverty (Word)
- Interpretation of the Fundamental Statute on Poverty (Word)
- Instruction on Stabilty, Chastity, Poverty and Obedience (Word)
- On the Missions
- Practical Guide for the Visitor
- Practical Guide for Superiors
- Guide for Advisors to the Vincentian Family
- Codex-Sarzana (pdf)
General Assembly – Final Documents
Letters of Pope John Paul II to General Assembly Delegates
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Search Engine for the Catechism – Search for occurances by word or phrase
- The Web Site of The Holy See
- Theology Library
- Arguably the most well organized and annotated directory of over 20,000 links to quality online resources on the Catholic church, revelation, liturgy, justice, theology, morality, spirituality, evangelization, and religion.
- The Catholic Encyclopedia (1917)
- Summa Theologica
- Church Fathers
- Resources for Catholic Educators
- Religious Education, Lesson Plans, Crafts, Teaching Tools and Links
- Religious Art, Christian Clip Art, Scripture Clipart
- Morality, Ethics, Social Justice, the Decalogue, the Beatitudes
- Christology, Saints, Angels and Famous Catholics
- Bible, Church Documents Reference Tools, Theology
- Sacraments, Liturgy, Prayer and Liturgical Seasons
- Church: History, Creeds, and StructureSite Reviews, Articles, Science & Faith, the Media…
- The Text This Week – An amazing collection of historical and theological resource coordinated with the liturgical feasts, etc. and includes Historical References, Commentary and Comparative Texts, Contemporary Commentary, Studies and Exegesis, related sermons, and much more.
Of special interest to Missioners in a digital age
- Church documents related to the Internet
- Vincentian documents related to the Internet
- Ratio Missionarum
- Internet Connections and the Congregation of the Mission – Robert Maloney (1998)
- New Means of Communication in Final Document of the General Assembly (1998) – John Freund, CM (Vincentiana)
- Introducing the Website of the Vincentian Family – Robert Maloney CM (2000)(Vincentiana)
- Creativity in the Use of the Internet – Robert Maloney CM 2002 (Vincentiana)
- Vincentian Missions in Cyberspace – Atilano Fajardo, CM, Doctoral Dissertation, Gregorianum
- Christian resources