During the days of April 1-3, in the Provincial House of the Daughters of Charity in Naples there was a gathering of confreres to study more intensely the Ratio Formationis of the Congregation of the Mission that was published in 2014. This gathering was organized by the Conference of Visitors of Europe and the Middle East. After some words of welcome by Father Pavel Novak (Visitor of Slovenia and President of CEVIM) the work was begun. Father Ramzi Jreige, CM gave a presentation on the integral dimension of the human person: physical, psychological and spiritual.
Representatives from thirteen Provinces gathered together for this session … each Province was represented by the Visitor and one confrere involved in the ministry of Formation. In addition some members of the General Curia as well as translators and presenters participated in this time of formation.
The following themes were presented:
- On-going Formation in the New Ratio (Robert Petkovsek, Slovenia)
- The European Reality viewed from within and beyond the Ratio (Robert Petkovsek, Slovenia)
- The anthropological vision presented in the new Ratio (Erminio Antonello, Italy)
- The major seminary in the new Ratio (Erminio Antonello, Italy)
- The Christological vision presented in the new Ratio (Antonio Ruiz Garcia, Spain)
- The Internal Seminary in the new Ratio (Antonio Ruiz Garcia, Spain).
Translated: Charles T. Plock, CM