Vincent was keenly aware of his own weakness. Vincent’s experience enables us to consider how we might live as humble men and women in the present era. Fr. Corpus Delgado, CM invites us to deepen our understanding of Vincent’s personal experience as a humble man.
He writes …
Therefore above all else our study will focus on:
• A description of how Vincent practiced humility (II: Humility, one of the Christian virtues that Vincent most clearly revealed during his life time);
• An explanation of what motivated Vincent to live in this manner; what were the motives that gave meaning to Vincent’s lifestyle (III: Why was Vincent so enamored with the virtue of humility?);
• At the beginning we will refer to the various witnesses who provide us with a foundation as we approach this man, Vincent de Paul (I: The testimony of those who admired Vincent).
The article in outline…
- 2 The testimony of those who admired Vincent
- 3 Humility, one of the Christian virtues that Vincent most clearly revealed during his life time
- 4 Why was Vincent so enamored with the virtue of humility