Superior General addressed European Parliament in response to their recognition of the 400th anniversary of the Vincentian Charism.
#NuntiaXpress – #LIVE from European Parliament: Fr. Tomaz Mavric CM, Superior General speeaks at the opening of the event hosted by Antonio Tajani, Chairman of the European parliament to honor #famvin400
Posted by Congregatio Missionis on Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Antonio Tajani, President of the European Parliament, hosted a Ceremony on the occasion of the Celebration of 400 years of the Vincentian Family at the service to the poor around the world on Wednesday, 28 June 2017 at 11 a.m., in the Yehudi Menuhin room, 1st floor of the Paul-Henri Spaak building, European Parliament, rue Wiertz 60, 1047 Brussels.
The Ceremony will be introduced by a photo exhibition of the work and projects of the Vincentian Family around the world from 10 a.m.
The ceremony will include:
- A welcome by Mr. Alojz Peterle, MEP and Rev. Tomaz Mavric, C.M., Superior General of the Congregation of the Mission and international spokesman for the Vincentian Family;
- an exhibition of photos of the international works of the Vincentian Family;
- Vincentian Father Pedro Opeka, missionary in Madagascar and Nobel Peace Prize candidate;
- Sister Carol Keehan, Daughter of Charity and president and chief executive officer of the Catholic Health Association of the United States;
- Vincentian Father Mateo Tagliaferri, president of Community in Dialogue (Italy);
- and Mr. Mark McGreevy, President of DePaul International.
A reception hosted by Mr. Tajani will conclude the event.