Conference of Visitors of Europe and Orient – CEVIM
This group includes the Visitors of Europe and the Middle East. The group, which has existed for some twenty-five years, became the second Conference of Visitors in the recent history of the Congregation. The objectives of the members are the following: to promote mutual knowledge and fraternal support among the Visitors and the Provinces; to promote interprovincial collaboration in the areas of evangelization as well as initial and on-going formation; to promote collaboration between the Congregation of the Mission and the Company of the Daughters of Charity and the other branches of the Vincentian Family; to create a European awareness within the Congregation; to make decisions with regard to the various organizations that are dependent upon the Visitors of Europe; to promote communication and exchanges with the other Conferences of Visitors and with the General Curia. Statute #79 highlights the fact that the Conferences of Visitors should reflect the communion and the unity of the members of the Congregation of Mission as they minister on five continents. This Conference is composed of the Visitors from the following countries: Germany-Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (the Provinces of St. Vincent de Paul and Zaragoza), France, Hungry, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, and the Vice-Province of Saints Cyril and Methodius. During the 2016 General Assembly of the Congregation, the members of CEVIM made the following commitments. For the next six years CEVIM is committed to deepening and actualizing the Vincent Charism and to moving toward the internationalization of the Congregation by the following means:
- To organize formation opportunities on the “Vincentian identity” for the following groups:seminarians, young missionaries (3 to 5 years of priesthood) and other missionaries, in order to reflect on the future of our presence in Europe and the Middle East.
- To promote intercultural and collaborative experiences provided by the international communities such as London, the Berceau, Catania, Paris-Rue du Bac.
- To promote experiences of International Missions for the young confreres.
- To rethink Initial Formation (Internal Seminary and Major Seminary).
- To launch a common missionary project in the city of Melilla (Spain).
- To organize an Interprovincial Meeting on “The Good News of Mercy” in order to share our experiences and deepen the basic Vincentian aspects of our style of evangelization.
Province of Austria-Germany
Province of France
Christian Mauvais, CM – Provincial Visitor (25/01/2016)
Province of Hungary
Barta, Szabolcs – Provincial Visitor (08/05/2017)
Province of Ireland
Paschal Malachy Kevin Scallon, CM –Provincial Visitor (13/03/2018)
Province of Italy
Erminio Antonello – Provincial Visitor (25/01/2016)
Province of Orient
Haddad, Ziad – Provincial Visitor (01/06/2013)
Province of Slovenia
Rataj, Franc – Provincial Visitor (14/06/2018)
Vice-Province of Cyril and Methodius
Trzop, Jan – Vice-Provincial Visitor (27/09/2016)
Province of Saint Vincent de Paul - Spain
González Antón, Jesús María – Provincial Visitor (25/01/2017)
Province of Zaragoza - Spain
Azcárate Gorri, Santiago – Provincial Visitor (18/01/2018)
Province of Slovakia
Jasso, Jaroslav – Provincial Visitor (13/05/2014)
Province of Portugal
Founded 1829, 1927
Gonçalves Alves, José Augusto – Provincial Visitor (01/10/2016)
Province of Poland
BANKO, Kryspin Antoni – Provincial Visitor (08/02/2012 – 18/01/2018)